- When Do Courts Constrain the Authoritarian State? Judicial-Decision-Making in Jordan and Palestine. Comparative Politics, 54(2), 2022.
- Contentious Politics in the Courthouse: Law as a Tool for Resisting Authoritarian States in the Middle East. Law & Society Review 55(1), 2021.
- Is There a Trump Effect? An Experiment on Political Polarization and Audience Costs, with Miles Evers and Aleksandr Fisher. Perspectives on Politics, 17(2), 2019.
Articles Under Review
- Citizenship in the Shadow of Law: Legal Ambiguity and Authoritarian Power in Jordan. With Lillian Frost.
- Presented at European Consortium for Political Research Annual Conference 2022.
- The Color of International Trade: An Experiment on Racial Prejudice in Individual Trade Attitudes. With Miles M. Evers.
- Presented at International Studies Association Annual Conference 2022.
- Is the Tinkerbell Effect Stable? American Support for Democracy before and after the 2020 Election. With Miles M. Evers.
- Authoritarianism from the Inside: How State Institutions Realize Autonomy under Authoritarian Regimes, with Nathan Brown, Samer Anabtawi and Julian Waller. Completed book manuscript, submitted for review.
- Litigating the Authoritarian State: Legal Mobilization and Judicial Politics in the Middle East. Book project based on doctoral dissertation.
Edited Book Volumes
- Administrative Courts and Dual States: Moving and Patrolling the Border in Egypt, with Nathan Brown, in Tackling the Authoritarian Rule of Law, Ed. Jens Meierhenrich. New York: Cambridge University Press. Forthcoming.
- Review of Constituting Religion: Islam, Liberal Rights and the Malaysian State by Tamir Moustafa. Law and Politics Book Review, 28(2), 2018.
- How Do Global Pandemics Affect Authoritarian Survival? Experimental Evidence from Russia, with Miles Evers and Aleksandr Fisher.
- Assessing the Predictive Power of Statistical Models of International Conflict, with Yonatan Lupu and Matthew Fuhrmann. Working paper (presented at Peace Science conference).
- Choosing the Court's Vehicle: Supreme Court Agenda Setting, with Paul Wahlbeck. Working paper (presented at Midwest Political Science Association conference).
- If Trump Backs Down from His Latest Iran Threat, Will He Lose Support? with Miles Evers and Aleksandr Fisher. Washington Post, Monkey Cage, June 2019.
- The Administrative Judiciary in Jordan. American Center for Oriental Research in Jordan, December 2017.